Updated: August 27, 2020
We continue to monitor the global situation and remain in close contact with our friends and partners around the world. We are optimistic that we will resume international travel in 2021, albeit with an understanding that the virus will likely be with us for some time, and our experiences will look a bit different from the past.
We are reengaging with our programs under the premise that a possibility of exposure to COVID-19 is currently a part of our lives wherever we go.
We have spent the summer developing protocols and best practices alongside some of our industry peers and leaders. Ultimately, the well being of our staff, students, and local community members will determine which programs will operate. As a community of staff, participants, and community partners, we will work together to promote positive outcomes and success.
INTRODUCING PUERTO RICO ONE MONTH GAP W/ REMOTE LEARNING OPTION
We are excited to announce that we are offering a new Gap program to Puerto Rico beginning in the late fall and winter along with a remote learning option and a flexible cancellation policy. Additional domestic programs are under development and soon to be announced along with the rest of our summer 2021 Summer Service Adventure options. We also anticipate adding some winter and spring options for high school students. Coming very soon!
Below are a few of our fall and winter Gap program protocols and expectations participants should anticipate. We are in close communication with our friends and partners in Puerto Rico to collaborate and emphasize our shared priority in everyone’s well being.
- Smaller group travel- Our GAP programs will be capped at 16 participants and two group chaperones.
- Mandatory negative test results within 72 hours of arrival to Puerto Rico are required to enter Puerto Rico.
- Masks will be required and social distancing emphasized with any activities in public and with any partners.
- Daily temperature checks and tracking.
- Testing while on the program and the possibility of isolation and or quarantine.
- Disinfecting procedures for private lodging and transportation.
- Behavioral expectations and guidelines that participants will be expected to adhere to.
More information can be located on our Gap FAQ page.