Get a Quote for this Itinerary!Click Here
Details and Itinerary
– Arrive by group flight to San Jose (SJO). Go through customs, pick up luggage, and meet amazing Global Works trip leader(s).
– Transfer via private bus to hotel.
– Arrive to hotel, safety briefing and snacks. Settle into rooms.
– Experience a family owned, organic, dairy farm to learn about sustainability and make some cheese!
– Spanish games and lessons, so please come ready to use your Spanish!
– Transfer to wildlife rehabilitation center.
– Volunteer on projects that may include preparing diet and feeding animals, cleaning and painting enclosures, creating environmental friendly toys for animals.
– Return to hotel, rest time, take a swim, or a break in a hammock!
– Prepare for cloudforest adventure.
-Work with our friends in a nearby community on community development and environmental projects. Typical projects include: pouring the foundation for a community center, planting organic school gardens, painting and tiling a community kitchen, constructing a plant nursery, teaching English lessons.
-Most afternoons we break from our projects for opportunities of exchange like soccer games, English and Spanish intercambios, and excursions.
– Bus transfer to Arenal Volcano National Park; zip-line tour with Sky Trek Adventures.
– Lunch and souvenir shopping in town of La Fortuna.
– Excursion to La Fortuna waterfall; hike and swim.
– Return to San Jose stopping for souvenirs.
– Final night dinner, reflection, and celebration.