Employment at Global Works
We are now accepting applications for Program Advisor Internships in Costa Rica! Find out more below in Internships. The application period is June 1, 2018 through August 15, 2018.
We currently do not have any openings in the home office.
We are currently offering Program Advisor Internships in our base in San Carlos, Costa Rica. To apply: Complete and submit an online application. Include two references (1 professional, 1 personal). In addition, send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. Interviews will be held starting July 1, 2018 and job offers made on a rolling basis. We aim to be fully staffed by August 15, 2018. Find out more about the internship details here.
All positions are currently filled.
To Apply: Complete the Staff Application. The application period is November 15th, 2017 through January 5th, 2018.
Interviews: Applicants who best fit our needs are contacted for an interview after January 5th. Post interview, we make hiring decisions on a rolling basis. In person interviews are preferred; however, we also conduct interviews via Skype.
2018 Openings: Current Summer Service Adventure Trip Leader openings are in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, France, and Spain.
Qualifications: Please see below to determine if you are a qualified applicant!
- Professional experience leading or facilitating groups of students (ages 12-18).
- Direct experience traveling, living, and working in the countries for which you apply.
- High degree of Spanish, French, or Mandarin proficiency in Language Immersion Programs as staff will be required to instruct students or navigate with the group in the target language.
- Current Adult CPR & Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification or complete the course prior to staff training in June.
- Strongly recommended: further medical training (Wilderness First Responder, EMT), Mental Health First Aid, and water/ life-guarding certification (WSI).
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Strong mentor skills and the ability to positively affect another human being’s life.
- Ability to work effectively with peers from different backgrounds, be flexible, and have a sense of humor.
- Volunteer experience with a non-profit or community- based organization or educational group.
- Typical age for our Trip Leaders is 23-30 (average age is 28). We rarely hire staff younger than 23, as we are looking candidates with significant professional experience working with young adults and traveling internationally.
Global Works is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Global Works not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or status as a protected veteran. The nondiscrimination policy applies to all employment actions and all aspects of Global Works programs, including enrollment and financial aid, training, local and international partnerships, and internships.
Please send employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.