Employment at Global Works
We currently do not have any openings in the home office. Please check back soon!
HOME OFFICE INTERNS
We are not currently accepting applications for home office interns. Stay tuned!
SUMMER SERVICE ADVENTURE INTERNS
We are not currently accepting applications for Summer Service Adventure interns. Stay tuned! We hope to have more information in March of 2021.
We are not currently accepting applications for Custom Group Travel trip leaders. We will post more information in June of 2021 for the 2022 travel season. In the meantime, please see “Trip Leader Qualifications” below to determine if you are a qualified applicant!
All Summer Service Adventure Trip Leader positions have been filled for the 2021 season.
To Apply for Next Season: Complete the on-line Staff Application. And, send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: Please see below to determine if you are a qualified applicant for the 2022 Season!
- Professional experience leading or facilitating groups of students, ages 12-18.
- Direct experience traveling, living, and working in the countries for which you apply.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Mandarin proficiency in Language Immersion Programs as staff will be required to instruct students or navigate with the group in the country’s official language.
- Current Adult CPR & Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification or complete the course prior to staff training in June.
- Strongly recommended: further medical training (Wilderness First Responder, EMT), Mental Health First Aid, and water/ life-guarding certification (WSI).
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Strong mentor skills and the ability to positively affect another human being’s life.
- Ability to work effectively with peers from diverse backgrounds, be flexible, and have a sense of humor.
- Volunteer experience with a non-profit or community- based organization or educational group.
- Typical age for our Trip Leaders is 23-30 (average age is 28). We rarely hire staff younger than 23, as we are looking candidates with significant professional experience working with young adults and traveling internationally.
Global Works is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Global Works not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or status as a protected veteran. The nondiscrimination policy applies to all employment actions and all aspects of Global Works programs, including enrollment and financial aid, training, local and international partnerships, and internships.
Please send employment inquiries to email@example.com.