Employment at Global Works
We are now accepting applications for 2019 Summer Service Adventure Trip Leaders and Interns! Find out more below.
We currently do not have any openings in the home office.
HOME OFFICE INTERNS
We are currently offering Office Internships in home base in Lafayette, Colorado. To apply, send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.
PROGRAM ADVISOR INTERNS
All positions for the Program Advisor Internship in Costa Rica are currently full. The application portal for the 2019-2020 internship will open in January of 2019. Please check back soon!
SUMMER SERVICE ADVENTURE INTERNS
We are currently accepting application to be an intern on our 2019 Summer Service Adventures. To apply: Complete and submit an online application. Include two references (1 professional, 1 personal). In addition, send your resume, cover letter, and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held starting March 4, 2019 and job offers made on a rolling basis. Find out more about the internship details here.
All positions for Custom Group Travel trip leaders are currently filled.
To Apply: Complete the Staff Application. The application period is November 15th, 2018 through January 15th, 2019.
Interviews: Applicants who best fit our needs are contacted for an interview after January 8th. Post interview, we make hiring decisions on a rolling basis. In person interviews are preferred; however, we also conduct interviews via Google Hangouts.
2019 Openings: Current Summer Service Adventure Trip Leader openings are in Costa Rica, Panama, Puerto Rico, France, and Spain.
Qualifications: Please see below to determine if you are a qualified applicant!
- Professional experience leading or facilitating groups of students (ages 12-18).
- Direct experience traveling, living, and working in the countries for which you apply.
- High degree of Spanish, French, or Mandarin proficiency in Language Immersion Programs as staff will be required to instruct students or navigate with the group in the country’s official language.
- Current Adult CPR & Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification or complete the course prior to staff training in June.
- Strongly recommended: further medical training (Wilderness First Responder, EMT), Mental Health First Aid, and water/ life-guarding certification (WSI).
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Strong mentor skills and the ability to positively affect another human being’s life.
- Ability to work effectively with peers from different backgrounds, be flexible, and have a sense of humor.
- Volunteer experience with a non-profit or community- based organization or educational group.
- Typical age for our Trip Leaders is 23-30 (average age is 28). We rarely hire staff younger than 23, as we are looking candidates with significant professional experience working with young adults and traveling internationally.
Global Works is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Global Works not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or status as a protected veteran. The nondiscrimination policy applies to all employment actions and all aspects of Global Works programs, including enrollment and financial aid, training, local and international partnerships, and internships.
Please send employment inquiries to email@example.com.