Employment at Global Works
HOME OFFICE STAFF
We currently do not have any positions open in the home office.
We are currently offering office internships in Lafayette, CO on an as-needed basis. Please send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com to be considered for an internship position.
CUSTOM GROUP TRAVEL TRIP LEADERS
All positions are currently filled.
SUMMER SERVICE ADVENTURES TRIP LEADERS
We are no longer accepting applications. The application period for Summer Service Adventures Trip Leaders has ended. Please check back in December 2017 for next season! If you have already applied and your experience fits our needs, you will be contacted after January 15th for an interview.
TRIP LEADER INFORMATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Works Trip Leader positions offer salary, living expenses during the program, and airfare to and from the country of the program being served. Programs vary in length from one to four weeks. Custom Group Travel programs run throughout the year. Summer Service Adventure Programs are offered late June through mid- August. Hiring for specific countries is determined by available openings (due to number of returning staff) and qualifications.
Qualifications for staff applicants include:
- Professional experience leading or facilitating groups of students (ages 12-18).
- Direct experience traveling, living, and working in the countries for which you apply.
- High degree of Spanish, French, or Mandarin proficiency in Language Immersion Programs as staff will be required to instruct students or navigate with the group in the target language.
- Current Adult CPR & Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification or complete the course prior to staff training in June.
- Strongly recommended: further medical training (Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, EMT) and water/ life-guarding certification (WSI).
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong mentor skills and the ability to positively affect another human being’s life.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, be flexible, and have a sense of humor.
- Volunteer experience with a non-profit or community- based organization or educational group.
- Typical age for our Trip Leaders is 27-32. We rarely hire staff younger than 23, as we are looking candidates with significant professional experience working with young adults and traveling internationally.
The On-Line Application will be available in December of 2017. Applicants who best fit our needs are contacted for an interview; and we make hiring decisions on a rolling basis. In person interviews are preferred; however, we also conduct interviews via Skype.