Get A Quote For This Itinerary!click hereClick Here
Details and Itinerary
DAY 1-2: KATHMANDU ARRIVAL & ORIENTATION
- Morning arrival to the stunning Kathmandu Valley framed against the backdrop of the mighty Himalayan Mountains.
- After a long flight, the group retreats to our hotel near Kathmandu, followed by a brief orientation and lunch at the hotel.
- In the afternoon, we visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambhunath Stupa for a tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square (UNESCO World Heritage Site), with a conglomerate of ancient courtyards, palaces, and temples that gives glimpses of the life of the royals in ancient Nepal.
- After visiting Kumari Temple, a short walk through ancient bazaar street to the bus and drive to Swoyambhunath Stupa. Swayambhu is one of the holiest Buddhist stupas in Nepal. It is said to have evolved spontaneously when the valley was created out of a primordial lake more than 2,500 years ago. This stupa is the oldest of its kind in Nepal and has numerous shrines and monasteries on its premises.
- Return to our hotel for dinner and relaxation.
DAY 2: VISIT ANCIENT CULTURAL SITES OF BHAKTAPUR
- After breakfast at our hotel, we transfer to Bhaktapur, a region that retains its ancient way of life, reminding you of what the entire Kathmandu Valley must have looked like during the medieval period.
- With our guides to show us the way, we take in the remarkable architecture, the exquisite wood carvings and metal craft that can be seen around the city takes one back to the time of the Malla rulers who embraced art like no other dynasty. Major attractions here are the pagoda style temples rising above the Bhaktapur skyline, the Pottery Square, 1100 years old Palace where devotees still celebrate their centuries old festivals and the temple squares that still remain vibrant.
- We also get to visit the Durbar Square, which is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of the valley.
- Walk to the Pottery Square and witness Nepalese craftspeople work hard to preserve their tradition. We will exchange our experience with them and we will practice making pottery in Pottery square.
- Drive back to Kathmandu and enjoy a dinner with Newari artists who perform a typical Newari cultural show for us.
DAYS 7-8: LUMBINI, BIRTHPLACE OF THE BUDDHA
- After a last breakfast in Chitwan, we transfer by bus to Lumbini where we visit Maya Devi Temple, the birthplace of Buddha
- We also visit the World Peace Pagoda Stupa and see the many monasteries built by different countries, each in their own style and architecture, to mark this sacred location
- The next morning, we meet with Buddhist monks in training. We spend a “day in the life” of these 8-14 year olds, learning about their experiences, meditating, playing soccer, and teaching English through games and activities that we design
DAYS 8-9: BHAKTAPUR, KATHMANDU, AND HOME
- After we have breakfast at the monastery, we return by a quick plane ride to Kathmandu to prepare for the closing chapter of our journey
- We dedicate time to visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we can visit the pottery market, the famous peacock window, as well as the five-story Nyatapola, the highest pagoda temple of Nepal
- We shop for final souvenirs and then enjoy a farewell dinner at nice restaurant in Kathmandu
- The next morning we start our journey home, sorry to go, but excited to share our experiences with friends and family