Get A Quote For This Itinerary!Click Here
Details and Itinerary
– Arrive by group flight to San Jose (SJO). Go through customs, pick up luggage, and meet amazing Global Works trip leader(s).
– Transfer via private bus to hotel.
– Arrive to hotel, safety briefing and snacks. Settle into rooms.
– Experience a family owned, organic, dairy farm to learn about sustainability and make some cheese!
-Spanish games and lessons, so please come ready to use your Spanish!
-Transfer to wildlife rehabilitation center
-Volunteer on projects that may include preparing diet and feeding animals, cleaning and painting enclosures, creating environmental friendly toys for animals.
– Return to hotel, rest time, take a swim, or a break in a hammock!
-Prepare for cloudforest adventure
-Travel to work with local park rangers in one of Costa Rica’s alluring cloudforests.
-Spend time on a combination of environmental projects, such as trail maintenance, bridge repair, and reforestation efforts.
-Enjoy day hikes to waterfalls and night hikes to view wildlife.
-It is very common to spot monkeys, anteaters, parrots, coatimundis, and dart frogs in the cloud forest!
-Participate in an interactive talk on La Bandera Azúl Ecológica with park rangers and Global Works trip leaders on Costa Rica’s global role in conservation, biodiversity, ecotourism, and sustainable development.
– Bus transfer to Arenal Volcano National Park; zip-line tour with Sky Trek Adventures
– Lunch and souvenir shopping in town of La Fortuna
– Excursion to La Fortuna waterfall; hike and swim
– Return to San Jose stopping for souvenirs
– Final night dinner, reflection, and celebration